Noisy Radiators in multiple rooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, new to this so hopefully I'll will get a proper answer or pointed in the right direction. I have a problem with my radiators making knocking noises in different rooms in the house. My oil heater is in the cellar for a starter. When the noises or knocking starts its normally at the kitchen radiator, I turn the thermostat on the radiator up or down and sometimes it will stop. Or I can put pressure on the thermostat and it stops, but when I release the pressure it makes noises again. Now if after turning up the thermostat on the radiator the noise normally moves onto the radiator next door in the snug room, I turn up the thermostat again and the noise keeps moving to the next radiator and the next radiator. Now the noise only comes on, on an evening instead of the morning like most of the posts I've read on this. Can anyone shed any light or help on the situation before my better half ends up killing me for lack of sleep.

I've already tried bleeding the radiators aswell.

Ta

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back