noisy tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone.
last week i fitted a new ball cock valve on the emersion tank because the old one was letting some water in so overflowing the tank. i also drained some water out to give the copper tank a wee clean.
since then we have noticed that when we draw some hot water off from any tap u can here this sort of pumping noise coming from maybe the tank or tap ? not sure really is it the new valve ? it does stop say after 2 mins, it does sound like the tank replacing the hot water that we have just used. ? please help thanks

Sponsored Links
cheers had a look at that but its not that noise. its the rushing refilling sound from the tank this stops when the tank has refilled to the correct level. after a bit of research i think its something to do with the valve bits inside the new ball cock valve. the cone is a white one. ? if i was to put a isolator valve on this 15mm feed pipe and then restrict the flow a touch, wolud this reduce the pressure and maybe solve it ? cheers

Sponsored Links
the pumping noise is the water "sloshing" back and forward across the small cistern - making the float move up + down :idea: probably because it`s entering too fast . So your idea is a good one ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back