Noisy upstairs bay window with the wind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a mainly South facing house and sleep in the upstairs, front facing bedroom. - When we have strong winds the (double glazed) bay window often makes noises, noises not dissimilar to that of if you were to push the window forward with you hands! - What can I do to reduce / stop the noise? - I notice that the sealing round about the outside of the window is looking a little shabby.. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
it could be that the sealant around the window's edge is split, thus causing a phenomenon called 'reeding'. this happens often and is remedied by re-sealing the window with a good quality silicone sealant, i.e. dow corning.

noseall said:
it could be that the sealant around the window's edge is split, thus causing a phenomenon called 'reeding'. this happens often and is remedied by re-sealing the window with a good quality silicone sealant, i.e. dow corning.

Thanks for the response. Who is best for me to contact to get all my home double glazed window re-sealed? A window fitting company? (I'm worried they'll just try and sell me new windows!) - The windows look good but the sealent etc round some of the external ones are a little weather beaten looking...

Thanks a lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back