Noisy Vokera Compact 29 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve recently had a new fan fitted as water was coming in the flue and damaged the fan. It was working fine until yesterday when it started making a gargling noise when the heating is on and now I’ve no hot water. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
No, no error codes showing at all? I’ve got a video with the noise it’s making but not sure how to post it on here? I’ve also checked the pressure gauge and all is good there. I’ve bled all the radiators and now I’m all out of ideas!

Sponsored Links
I have a small pipe on the outside wall and I tried pouring hot water over the pipe to thaw it out but it hasn’t helped so probably blocked. Is the easy to fix or does it need a heating engineer to look at it?

post some pics of the boiler control panel, the pipes below the boiler and the pipe you are talking about outside, posting videos is not easy but pics just click the upload a file at the bottom right hand side of the screen

Last edited:
0E459919-9527-4B17-8024-05B78B0E3F7B.jpeg 603575B0-50A5-4CC3-82F3-FCE033826E5F.jpeg EB039B04-A99D-4806-A3EC-932190DEE32C.jpeg

OK forget the pipe outside , that is the pressure releif pipe , nothing to do with your problem, there are no lights on the boiler ? have you turned it off somewhere ?, the grey corrugated hose that goes onto the white pipe , below your boiler is the condensate, get a tray and some towels in there and seperate them and be prepared for a gush of water, if you get that then that is what your problem is

The boiler was on but I didn’t notice there wasn’t a light when I took the photo. The boiler has now completely shutdown! I have separated the hose/pipe but all I got was a drip of water so doesn’t look as though that’s what the problem is. Thanks for your suggestion though.

You need to find out where the power has tripped, either at the consumer unit or the fused spur, your boiler has a traffic light system and the light sequence is your fault guide

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I’ve switched it back on as there is still power getting to the boiler but it goes through the traffic light sequence and the green light is blinking which according to the manual is temporary fault?image.jpg

Try turning that dial to the power position (9 oclock) wait ten seconds then turn it back up and see if it re-sets

Sorry, that hasn’t resolved it either ☹️...still have the blinking green light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back