Noisy washing machine in the kitchen

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hello,

I have this kind o setup at home, the washing machine is in the kitchen near the dishwasher:

3554851_f260.jpg

In the evening, when we watch TV, it gets a bit annoying (the living room is on the other side of the open space, facing the kitchen). Do you think that applying some sound insulating material on the inside of the door would make any difference or there won't be any difference? Any suggestion on what material to use? It should be max 10mm to allow the proper closing of the door.

Thanks a lot!
Gim

Sponsored Links
So there won't be any difference in using for example a 10mm cork panel on the inside of the door? :(

The reason is that it makes noises from the side/back too?

And the top & bottom, you would not be able to stop the noise unless you completely enclosed it. The only answer would be not to use it when you are relaxing, can't you put it on before you go out to work?

Sponsored Links
We have two 1 yo twins... so my wife at home has ZERO free time (I am at work) and we have to do everything after 8pm when they are put to bed :)

You know, even taking away a bit of noise would have been nice. I understand that it is not a perfect situation and we will never have a quiet dishwater. I hoped that some foam/cork would gave done something.. thanks for the help

You can try lining the door and also covering in egg-boxes/trays to absorb the sound a little.

Try some draught-excluders around the door to effectively seal it too.

Only issue then is--ventilation, it could cause the machine to overheat...

Is it noisy all the while or just when it spins? It might be that the bearings are worn if it's just while spinning, they can make it sound like a jet aircraft taking off!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back