NOISY ZANUSSI ZWD1627 WASHER DRYER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I brought the above model washer dryer on Fiday and boy is the noise getting on my nerves. I decided to buy this machine ( after much searching of reviews online) because I had previously had a Zanussi washer dyer which lasted 9 years but unfortunaetely went to the big appliance scrapyard in the sky. Anyway its plumbed in ok, it is level, I expect the fastest spin speed to be a little noisy.....all that is ok. What is not ok is the noise the pump makes. It kicks in after about 10 mins of the dry cycle and keeps going till the end. My old one never worked like that. The same thing happens on the wash cycle - ie: when it gets to the rinsing stage which can take 20-30 mins depending which programme you use - the pump goes constantly. In my previous maching the pump would only come to life during the cycle just before a spin was about to start. Any ideas ? Is it possible that a brand new machine could have a fault with it ?
Thank you for reading.
Amanda

Sponsored Links
Unless you have anything caught in the impeller making the noise then there is not alot you can do.

Some machines I have fitted recently have a very loud sounding pumping action (which is not too bad when it is doing a short drain or spin as it is not running long or masked by the spin noise) but is distracting when doing a dry cycle as it runs constantly.

The noise can be made worse by the acoustic properties of any housing it is fitted into although they do tend to damp the sound out more than accentuate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back