Non Condenser 5 yrs old?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been out to see a Worcester Bosch combi with a view to putting it forward to replace under the Eco boiler scheme.

I do not have the model number and I am trying to ascertain whether it is a condenser or not.
There is no plastic condensate pipe attached to the bottom of the boiler and the owner is adamant it is only 5 yrs old. As boilers had to be condensers from April 2005 I am a bit perplexed.

My question is.............. is there a Worcester Bosch that is a condenser but uses another method of expelling condensate water produced.

Sponsored Links
There were instances where it wasn't practicable to install a condensing boiler for the first few years after 2005 under the points exception procedure. Look on Worcesters website under discontinued literature and it may give you an idea if the customers story is accurate.
Was there no benchmark logbook ?

There was no paperwork or manuals etc so I could check properly.

It has to be a non condenser then as there is no plastic pipe?

There were instances where it wasn't practicable to install a condensing boiler for the first few years after 2005 under the points exception procedure. Look on Worcesters website under discontinued literature and it may give you an idea if the customers story is accurate.

Not had a single install qualify for an exemption. Always found a solution.

Not saying that others didn't play the system, or of course have a boiler fitted illegally ;) ;)

Sponsored Links

Not had a single install qualify for an exemption. Always found a solution.

Not saying that others didn't play the system, or of course have a boiler fitted illegally ;) ;)

I think I might have had two in flats needing a condense pump so they were the way out so as to speak

I have seen it time and time again were some firms have had some boilers left and fitted them instead of condensers wrong but what does the poor old customer know if you have any paperwork you can go after them if not then
I don't know what to say

I think I might have had two in flats needing a condense pump so they were the way out so as to speak

Requiring a pump alone wouldn't have been a good enough reason... I admit to being rusty on the procedure now though.

There were several reasons on the totting up proceedure but this was 8 years ago ;)

How many pipes coming from it , could be some halfwit has done condense in copper

How many pipes coming from it , could be some halfwit has done condense in copper

Its possible, Ive seen it once on a Worcester done back in 2005.

The owners grandson was head of local trading standards but it didnt come to anything :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back