Non felted roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey just want some advice I have just bought my first house and the roof is not felted.
The roof is in fairly good condition only issue is that there seems to be a lot of dirt in the loft, it may of build up over time and the last owner probably didn't go up there much.
It is already insulated but I plan to but in more loft insulation and then put loft Pannals down so I can store stuff in it but I'm worried about it becoming dirty again and damaging my stuff.
Is there anything I can put on the roof beams that would stop the dirt coming in? That wouldn't damage the roof or house?

I've been told that i could staple membrane to the roof beams? And is so what kind or brand should I use

Big thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
I've seen correx board stapled to the inside of timbers then tape joints. I'd use correx tape.
. Condensation is the worry.

Maybe membrane is the answer with battens to hold

Breathable membrane would keep the dust out and avoid any condensation issues, Membrane may clag up with dust over the years but that should be a long way off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back