non load bearing stuff wall, internal door confirmation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

was going to us CLS Timber 89mm x 38mm) 26.16 for stud work,
12.5mm plaster board
then skim for plaster

I am right in thinking
Internal Door Lining for 762 & 838mm Doors 27.5 x 108mm x 2.01m

89mm + 12.5mm+ 6mm approx. skim? = 107.5 approx., so the 108mm doorframe should be good?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
6mm skim is a bit rthick. More like 3mm
Surely you'regoing to board and skim both sides so you'd need 89+30 which is 119mm
I've found door linings are often a pain and I've ended up getting a bigger one and ripping it down with a circular saw and then planing it. Not sure what the pros do though.

6mm skim is a bit rthick. More like 3mm
Surely you'regoing to board and skim both sides so you'd need 89+30 which is 119mm
I've found door linings are often a pain and I've ended up getting a bigger one and ripping it down with a circular saw and then planing it. Not sure what the pros do though.

Very valid point, forgot the 2nd side o_O .. ill got make another cup of coffee!

Cheers for the pointers, they are cheap enough so if I have the same issue I maybe doing the same with a plane!

:)

Id pfefer 95mm x 45mm for studwork.

38mm is pretty thin to join plasterboard onto.

But yes 3mm skim is enough.

Only plasterboard 1 side? -is it a garage.

Sponsored Links
What is wrong with the usual ex 75 x 50mm studding at 600mm centres for non loadbearing internal partitions :?: (with sound insulating quilt between studs )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back