non return valve waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all just wondering if they sell these
got a customer who's bath fills from the kitchen sink only when the plug is on.
doesn't seem to have a blockage. just bad pipe work.
he doesnt want me to repipe it so i thought id see if i can get somthing like a non return.
tryed to open up the rodding point on the waste to let air in had no joy
thanks
Lee
p.s i would need to fit it on the bath waste

Sponsored Links
that bloody thing was £30 :evil:
it worked though great thing to keep on the van :p
cheers nige f

Sponsored Links
I fitted a 32mm waste NRV a few years ago because the built in one on a saniflow type pump was leaking and causing the pump to cycle.

I now want to separate my own bathroom basin and shower from the macerator pump as its so noisy and unnecessary as its at first floor level. So I need an NRV to stop the pumped output from the macerator going back to the shower.

Does anyone know where to get a simple and cheap 32 mm NRV?

The HEP VO is too expensive and I doubt it would work for long on the high pressure created by the macerator when pumping.

Tony

11/4" swing check with 2 male irons?

£30.00 for a HepvO? Did they have binoculars on the counter, because they saw you coming a mile off!

NB: the HepvO is not designed as a non-return valve. It is a waterless trap dfesigned to stop foul air.
Not sure how the membrane would cope with pumped effluent from a macerator.
However should abnormally excessive internal pressures exceed 500mm water gauge (0.5 bar) then the valve element of HepvO® will invert indicating system failure.

This would allow water to backfill the appliance, thereby giving an important safety warning that blockage of the drainage system had occurred, in much the same manner as a traditional trap.

Got it from plumb centre. Only place I could find it

macalpine do one,inch and a quarter or inch and a half about the size of a compression coupling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back