Non Stick TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am looking to replace all of my TRV valves in the house (16!) as some are sticking and some of the heads are broken and I am unable to source replacements. I therefore figured the best course of action would be to replace them all in one go.

I had originally decided to plump for Drayton RT212s from Screwfix as these are marketed as having non-stick internals and are cheap (£9). However, upon reading various forum posts on the subject, it appears that Drayton valves are not that highly regarded - is this due to their valves being poor historically, or are they still poor?

From my research, it comes across as Danfoss RAS-C2 valves are the way forward, but are more expensive and I cannot find any literature to suggest they have non stick internals. Also, what is the difference between the RAS-C2 and RAS-D2 valves, apart from the latter being more expensive?

Many thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
I would always recommend the Drayton TRV4 as they are liquid filled and respond quicker and hardly ever stick.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back