viessmann setting min and max pump rates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so i have a 30kw vitodens 200w b2kf
i am trying to figure out how i should have the pump configured for the min and max pump rates

its currently set to 40%/60%
the bits from the instructions are here
im running really low flow temps and therefore dont need huge amounts of flow. the system has been fitted with automatic balancing valves (danfoss ras-c2) that have been pre set to get the correct output from the emitters
pump1.png
#
pump2.png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
30kw for dhw production 17lpm
Autovalves ,why not it's not like they are expensive.
I have low heat requirements I'm running 35c at 0 and and about 36 at -2/3 so the glow through some of the rads is tiny! Even the largest ones don't need big flow

Your boilers pump targets both pressure and speed, youve stuck on a valve designed to give a set flow rate no matter what the dp is either side of the valve. Hence it is pressure independent. When you get a faster flow from the boiler you will ALWAYS have a higher dp. Dp and flow rate are intrinsically linked.

AKA you won't see any benefits over standard balancing and will have increased system resistance.

So I should swap it to fixed speed then apparently it can for low Loss headers etc

The valves were specified by the installer I'd have happily just had high accuracy flow limiting valves rather than load balancing if it would have worked better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back