Non Yellowing White Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Saw a tin of white gloss paint in B & Q which was 'Non Yellowing'. Also said on the tin that brushes could be cleaned by washing in water.

Anyone ever used it? Is it any good?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its either water based gloss or satin...been using it on and off for years, its not been accepted by the trade complelty yet though and still has a long way to go technology wise....

PRO'S....quick drying (about 20 mins)....non yellowing.....low odour.....'elastic' paint film....so its good for outsides....keeps its sheen level longer than oil based outside..reasonably easy to apply (if you can paint quick)

CONS...not as shiney as oil based (although dulux aquatec comes close) you have to paint fast....the 'edge' goes off quickly...tricky for broad areas..more expensive than oil based....takes ages to dry if the weathers cold....

Dont bother with the home brand stuff from the DIY stores...most of their stuff is rubbish.

Thanks for that. I might get a tin and try it out on the bedroom I'm about to start.

Thanks again.

It's called Everwhite. I've used it and it seems pretty good.

joe

Sponsored Links
i like dulux satin wood, its not glossy but i like that. gives a clean crisp look. and of course it wont yellow.

GnzYza said:
i like dulux satin wood, its not glossy but i like that. gives a clean crisp look. and of course it wont yellow.

Do they do a water based one now then?

Zampa said:
GnzYza said:

Do they do a water based one now then?

no not that i know of, they do eggshell satin wood aswell which i think is better its got a slight more sheen and can be washed down with soapy water makes it more durable.

for some extra info, for people who shop at B&Q. paints are usually cheaper at focus especially Dulux paints.
i saved £5 on satin wood!! Bargain....

Zampa you know cutting in on wall, would you say role straight away or wait for cutting to dry??
i normally role straight away and into it to blend it in, but just wanted your advice on it.

If im using vinyl matt I normally cut the whole room in then roll it, it saves time keep picking things up and putting them down again,

I would recommend cutting in one wall at a time and the rolling it straight away, when you do the tops and the bottom turn the roller and roll along the ceiling skirting line, getting and close to the ceiling and skirting as poss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back