North-South divide puzzles nation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Always said the line was through north Gloucestershire..

...A new map defining North and South by socio-economic data suggests The North is anywhere above Bristol, and the Midlands do not actually exist.
It claims the border begins in Gloucester and ends just below Grimsby...
Was that marked out using Gordon's extra wide 'red line' pen?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7061201.stm

-0-

Sponsored Links
How do you work out that Lithuanians, Estonians and Poles are "southerners"?

Sponsored Links
The North starts at Portsdown Hill.

Guildford is North

North of the Thames is Far North.

Anywhere with Whippets, Black Pudding, and Cloth Caps is North.

Anywhere people say "baff" not "Barth" is North.

According to the new line, I'm in the south, however I work newark which is in the north (which is odd, considering to get there, I travel southbound on the A46 :LOL: )

The North starts at Portsdown Hill.

Guildford is North

North of the Thames is Far North.

Anywhere with Whippets, Black Pudding, and Cloth Caps is North.

Anywhere people say "baff" not "Barth" is North.

Well I suppose for anyone who lives in Hamper-shire "north" does begin at Guildford. Guildford is a very long way away from Southampton

It is strange is it not that Northampton is in Northamptonshire but Southampton is NOT in Southamptonshire. Why did they drop the South from the shire. :?: :cry:

Why isn't Leeds Castle in Leeds?

Why isn't Richmond Castle in Richmond?

Why does the Duke of Norfolk live in Sussex?

Just realised that the north south divide is exactly where you are at the time.

If someone asked you to point north you would point ( hopefully ) in one direction and if they asked you to point south you would ( again hopefully ) turn 180 degrees and point the exact opposite direction.

Just realised that the north south divide is exactly where you are at the time.

If someone asked you to point north you would point ( hopefully ) in one direction and if they asked you to point south you would ( again hopefully ) turn 180 degrees and point the exact opposite direction.
So which out of Wales and Norfolk is north and south? :)

Oh that's just sooooo typical, banging on about north and south and offering your banal hypotherses on the location of a mythical line like it's even important.

If you can spare the time in between your self-absorbed ramblings, consider what it's like coming to terms with living somewhere that doesn't exist anymore! Selfish b******s! :mad:

Sponsored Links
Back