Northamptonshire Council is going bust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.theguardian.com/society...ncil-may-cut-services-for-vulnerable-children

It really does not come as a surprise the mismanagement of the budget because it was based on idiotic neo liberal debunked ideas.

Northamptonshire in recent years aspired to be a poster-child for a distinctively Conservative approach to local government, priding itself on having one of the lowest levels of council tax, then freezing council tax and adopting a radical plan to outsource services, which sunk without trace.

However, the government was forced to send in commissioners to Northamptonshire in May to oversee the management of the council. This followed a devastating inspector’s report in March, which identified widespread management failures and lax financial controls at the council.

I feel sorry for the public who have unwittingly become guinea pigs in another failed neo liberal experiment.

Sponsored Links
And don't forget they 'Loaned' the Footy (The Coblers) club a bundle of money - which is why the council's coffers are empty. Why the FA couldn't give them the money I'll never understand - b****y self serving rich organisation.

Sponsored Links
And don't forget they 'Loaned' the Footy (The Coblers) club a bundle of money - which is why the council's coffers are empty. Why the FA couldn't give them the money I'll never understand - b****y self serving rich organisation.

I agree with your sentiments, but I thought that was the Borough council, not the County council?

But your points are still valid

Northhamtonshire, has one of the lowest council tax rates in the country.

Maybe councils should be privatised.

I believe Surrey County Council could be in a similar situation. No money but enough for a "loan" to an art gallery. Apparently we have the worst roads for potholes in the country.

What's the point of councils? Mine charges an arm and a leg for not doing the things it's supposed to do. They hardly want to empty bins any more, the roads don't get repaired all the public bogs are boarded up and libraries are closing.

So, what do they do with all the money they don't spend doing what they should? Let me guess. Council employees have nice fat, gold-plated pensions that those in the private sector could only dream of. There will be a large diversity department to brain wash school kids, etc - staffed by an army of holier than thou, hand wringing, dungaree wearing LWR types. Oh, and large slices of our cash will go on housing third world parasites, sorry refugees in the same council houses that are unavailable to indigenous people who spend years on the list.

Said on the radio that Northampton council have the highest elderly population in the UK ?

Councils :LOL: some in London have to deliver bin collection notices to house holders in 10 or more lauguages.

spend vast amounts of money ?? on consultation docs ? they spent several grand around here on were to put a disabled parking space for a neighbour

It ended up where residents suggested in the 1st place :LOL:

Councils hopeless mob , pandering to the LWR types who want every thing but do not want to pay f all towards it.

Not much public funds

Not much public services.

Does anyone think there might be a connection?

I wonder what the tory voters thought they were voting for when they voted in a tory council.

Perhaps they thought the fairies would make up the shortfall.

Maybe councils should be privatised.

Great if they can balance the books.

No point being the cheapest if you can't afford to do what you are supposed to.

Said on the radio that Northampton council have the highest elderly population in the UK ?

Councils :LOL: some in London have to deliver bin collection notices to house holders in 10 or more lauguages.

spend vast amounts of money ?? on consultation docs ? they spent several grand around here on were to put a disabled parking space for a neighbour

It ended up where residents suggested in the 1st place :LOL:

Councils hopeless mob , pandering to the LWR types who want every thing but do not want to pay f all towards it.

Austerity cuts means councils have had about 20% of their budgets slashed ontop of having to provide for social care for the elderly (who in the whole are british born and paid taxes)

But don't let your stupidity get in the way of a rant. On top councils have raided their reserves and contracted out work to the lowest bidder who have only won the contracts by lowering service levels so bin collections are less frequent.

You want to blame anyone blame central government policies.

It's simply cause and effect!

Political/ideological corruption and total incompetence, whilst 'devolving' the problem...

And to cap it all they even have the gall to 'investigate' (at great cost of course) what is known in technical terms as 'no s hit sherlock'!

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-research-effect-of-policies-on-food-bank-use

"Ministers have secretly drawn up plans to investigate whether the government’s own policies are to blame for the sharp rise in the use of food banks"

Sponsored Links
Back