Northamptonshire Council is going bust

Jobs worths stopping commercial vans looking to fine some one for a sandwich wrapper left in there van or an empty coke can
(Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
HSE is not a council organisation:
With roots stretching back to 1833 the modern HSE is an independent regulator with over forty years’ experience helping Great Britain work well.
http://www.hse.gov.uk/aboutus/hse-story.htm
Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations 1992

Or spending thousands on consultation docs . Or sitting around discussing wether to buy a 30 squid wheel barrow for the part time grave yard gardener
Something you heard on the radio? :rolleyes: So there will not be any links to your sources, maybe just the name of the bar. :ROFLMAO:

Or wasting money on some cheesey county magazine that we all (I) get and sling in the dustbin
The council do not know you are disabled, cannot spell, and have difficulty understanding the written word. Ask them for their picture version.
Then at least recycle it. :rolleyes:

most of em need a kick up the arris imo ?
What about the posters spreading fake news on t'internet? :idea:
And the ones that just moan about anything, without the merest hint of supporting evidence, inventing something to moan about.

Sponsored Links

litter dropping is not HSE, I dont know where you heard that....was it on the radio?

It is council workers who can impose fines:

1 Safer Neighbourhoods Manager

3 Community Protection Managers

3 Principal Community Protection Officers

7 Environmental Health Officers (Community Protection)

11 Enforcement Officers (Community Protection)

10 Rotherham Wardens

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/fixed_penalty_notices_for_droppi_7

Contracting for specific purposes can be cost effective. But wholescale ideological contracting out hasnt worked.

Sponsored Links
Jobs worths stopping commercial vans looking to fine some one for a sandwich wrapper left in there van or an empty coke can :LOL:

litter dropping is not HSE,
Since when has having an untidy van been classified as litter dropping? :rolleyes:
Since when have council workers had the right to stop commercial vans? o_O

It is council workers who can impose fines:

1 Safer Neighbourhoods Manager

3 Community Protection Managers

3 Principal Community Protection Officers

7 Environmental Health Officers (Community Protection)

11 Enforcement Officers (Community Protection)

10 Rotherham Wardens

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/fixed_penalty_notices_for_droppi_7
And how many lfpns were issued for having an untidy van? :ROFLMAO:

It loos like your and a**e end's fantasy has taken a trip into Middle earth.

Last edited:
I heard that on the radio too Trans, think was radio 2. Here it is in the sun.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/69232...ecause-he-doesnt-have-licence-to-carry-waste/
Yeah, seems like a jobsworth to me, pulling someone up over the rubbish in his van.

Wasnt quite as per the headline was it.

A Waltham Forest Council spokesman said: "The waste in this case was being transported in commercial refuse bag in the trader's vehicle.

"Regardless of what the items are, if waste is being stored in a commercial refuse bag in a trader's van it is necessary that they have a valid waste carriers' licence.

"It is widely recognised as best practice for tradesmen to be licensed to avoid legal repercussions, in the event they are required to transport even small quantities of waste."

Wasnt quite as per the headline was it.

A Waltham Forest Council spokesman said: "The waste in this case was being transported in commercial refuse bag in the trader's vehicle.

"Regardless of what the items are, if waste is being stored in a commercial refuse bag in a trader's van it is necessary that they have a valid waste carriers' licence.

"It is widely recognised as best practice for tradesmen to be licensed to avoid legal repercussions, in the event they are required to transport even small quantities of waste."
And your point is?
If you don't think that's being a jobsworth then there may be something wrong with your outlook!

Next time I see a white van man chucking his lunch wrappers out the window, I may have a bit more understanding...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't use commercial refuse bages, then.

How do these idiots justify their existence?
If it was me, I'd have said I was simply recycling the commercial bag as it had been used before, rather than use a new bag. You know, to do 'my bit to save the planet'. Sounds ridiculous I agree, but then so is the fine.

Shows how the Politicians have won. A clearly bad policy implemented by Tory councils currently is defended by Tory supporters out of blind loyalty.

Politics has become like football, supporting your side no matter what they do. It lets Politicians get away with horrible policies.

Absolute loyalty is simply stupidity.

Let me recap. Have I got this right?

One must obtain (for - was it called "lower tier" waste?) a free licence to be able to do what people are allowed to do.

The only punishable offence is not having this free licence when doing what people are allowed to do.

A bit like you must have a licence to carry your shopping home from the supermarket.

Anyone needing to quote something which is nothing but a council job creation scheme need look no further.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/aboutus/hse-story.htm
Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations 1992

Something you heard on the radio? :rolleyes: So there will not be any links to your sources, maybe just the name of the bar. :ROFLMAO:

The council do not know you are disabled, cannot spell, and have difficulty understanding the written word. Ask them for their picture version.
Then at least recycle it. :rolleyes:

What about the posters spreading fake news on t'internet? :idea:
And the ones that just moan about anything, without the merest hint of supporting evidence, inventing something to moan about.

A personal attack . Brings nowt to the discussion :rolleyes:;)

HSE :LOL: :LOL: reflection of your lack of knowledge :LOL: practical experience :LOL: and all round ignorance :LOL:

Last edited:
Don't use commercial refuse bags, then.

How do these idiots justify their existence?

I suspect we will see more of this type of behaviour as councils seek to raise revenues.

Currently it's being put under review whether there should be a buffer for speeding fines should be scrapped, meaning going 1mph over the limit will mean a fine.

Sponsored Links
Back