Northamptonshire Council is going bust

I wonder what sort of a government would change the law to damage public services.

No I don't.

Sponsored Links
The councillors are unable to raise council tax by more than 1.99% but can award themselves pay rises way above this.
Wrong...

They can raise council tax by up to 5.99% without holding a 'referendum' locally.
(3% plus social care 'precepts').

They can also raise it by any amount they like if they get a majority vote in said local 'referendum'.

Great if they can balance the books.

No point being the cheapest if you can't afford to do what you are supposed to.

I merely pointed out the fact.

I made no indication of approval or otherwise

Austerity cuts means councils have had about 20% of their budgets slashed ontop of having to provide for social care for the elderly (who in the whole are british born and paid taxes)

But don't let your stupidity get in the way of a rant. On top councils have raided their reserves and contracted out work to the lowest bidder who have only won the contracts by lowering service levels so bin collections are less frequent.

You want to blame anyone blame central government policies.

I blame who ever is responsible ;) irrespective of ther political persuasion. Obviously your view is slanted as its a non labour council, but we wont let you stupidity get in the way of your obvious bias :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I blame who ever is responsible ;) irrespective of ther political persuasion. Obviously your view is slanted as its a non labour council, but we wont let you stupidity get in the way of your obvious bias :LOL:

The hurt that must course through your veins that it's a Tory council.

The NAO say there are 15 other councils who are close to bankruptcy which I am sure some are labour.

But what your tiny brain can't fathom is the centralising of Council budgets at Westminster and the slashing of their budgets has caused this.

Osborn and Cameron dumbenomics.

Unfortunately for dumbos like tranny facts are not biased. Northampton is simply the first council to face these problems, and won't be the last.

won't be the last.

East Sussex
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45058677

"A second Conservative-run council has set out plans to strip back services to the "legal minimum" amid calls for talks with central government.

East Sussex County Council (ESCC) said it had saved £129m since 2010 and had to be realistic about the future.

The authority has confirmed it may only be able to offer services it is legally obliged to provide. The government has not yet commented."

"The council said it was facing significant reductions in funding from central government and demand for social care was soaring.

It stated more than 25% of East Sussex residents were aged 65 or over - a ratio the country as a whole would not reach until 2031, it said."

"Councillors spent public money on a hospitality box and hiring a plane as the authority headed towards financial crisis, an investigation has found.
Payments were made by a company owned by Northamptonshire County Council whose directors were councillors."

"Conservative councillors Bill Parker and Andre Gonzales De Savage had served as directors in the company since 2010 and 2007 respectively."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-45211357

"It sold its properties in September 2014 and £700,000 was transferred back to the council, but £180,000 was spent on other items.

More than £4,000 was used on a B17 vintage aircraft and first aiders for a memorial event at Grafton Underwood in May 2015.

NEA Properties also spent £2,700 on a heritage dinner with string quartet.

The report also revealed the company spent more than £250 on "cheese, biscuits, etc" for a stately home event."

"The audit was also told £80,000 spent on Northampton Saints went on the redevelopment of a new stand at the Franklin's Gardens ground, but the club denied this was what was purchased.

A club spokesman said it could "confirm the county council had a box as part of a marketing package which they purchased"."

The report also revealed the company spent more than £250 on "cheese, biscuits, etc" for a stately home event."

I dont think that caused their financial problems.

one could buy a lot of cheese and biscuits for £250.....

This is what Tory austerity is all about, public squalor and private affluence.

It's a failed model run by idealogue councils and it won't be the last. They tried it in the US with the same catastrophic results.

Idiotic ideas have a habit of persisting.

Councils :) full of pencil pushing paper shufflers who do nothing of any consequence imo .

Jobs worths stopping commercial vans looking to fine some one for a sandwich wrapper left in there van or an empty coke can :LOL:

Or spending thousands on consultation docs . Or sitting around discussing wether to buy a 30 squid wheel barrow for the part time grave yard gardener :LOL:

Or wasting money on some cheesey county magazine that we all (I) get and sling in the dustbin :LOL:

most of em need a kick up the arris imo ? bunch of PC snow flakes :LOL:

Sevenoaks council, Tory have council run services for things like refuse collections - they have found it can be cheaper for a better service.......

Sponsored Links
Back