Nosiy boiler problem - intermittent moaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another noisy boiler problem I'm afraid.
About every 20-30 mins it emits a long moan (~15 secs)
Seems to happen when bolier flame shuts down and then starts up again.
Have read a lot of posts here about noisy boilers , but my problem is trying to work out whether this is kettling.
Not being a coffee/tea drinker I am not too familar with kettles! Im pretty sure it isnt kettling though.
Anyway I have a 3year old Biasi 24s combi wall mounted bolier.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
o0ps said:
Another noisy boiler problem I'm afraid.
About every 20-30 mins it emits a long moan (~15 secs)
Seems to happen when bolier flame shuts down and then starts up again.
Have read a lot of posts here about noisy boilers , but my problem is trying to work out whether this is kettling.
Not being a coffee/tea drinker I am not too familar with kettles! Im pretty sure it isnt kettling though.
Anyway I have a 3year old Biasi 24s combi wall mounted bolier.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote=hi i have exactly the same problem,the boiler is struggling to ignite thus sounding like it,s sighing.mine started with about 10 sighs before it would eventually fire up,now it goes on for an hour i would love to know what is causing this,i have a wall mounted potterton

oops - precisely at what point is the noise?

tricky- strart another thread giving details of your boiler and its problem.

Sponsored Links
boiler sighs for over an hour before it will ignite,every 10 seconds,everytime it comes on automatically in the morning. why?

ChrisR said:
oops - precisely at what point is the noise?

tricky- strart another thread giving details of your boiler and its problem.

ChrisR
Its when the boilier lights up for the CH. Every 30 mins or so the gas flames stop and then after a minute or so , it lights up again with this moaning noise for 20-30 secs.
CH is working fine but obviously something is wrong which I would like to get fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back