Not a builder.....does this flashing look right to you?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No idea about roofing but something tells me there's something wrong here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105_223338_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240105_223338_Facebook.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 109
Sponsored Links
Your Spidy senses are correct and that is doing nothing to keep the rain out. It either needs chasing into the wall or a cover flashing chasing in to cover it by at least 75mm. The fact that it is rendered may mean chasing into it could crack it and be a bigger job than first feared but like that it is pointless.

Thanks....If they crack it....which I believe they have on the other half of the I think it called facia?.....the concrete part you can see in the photo....unsure what its called? what does that entail?

Last edited:
That job has the same outcome as using a garden sieve as an umbrella!

Sponsored Links
Thanks....What exactly is wrong with it so I can tell them what exactly is wrong? Otherwise I got nothing to argue with as i know nowt. Thanks guys I really appreciate it.

Thanks....What exactly is wrong with it so I can tell them what exactly is wrong? Otherwise I got nothing to argue with as i know nowt. Thanks guys I really appreciate it.
As DAZB said. Currently water hitting the wall above the flahing runs down the wall, all the way down, into the loft and beyond if you're unlucky.
I would probably have used soakers as well.
This explains it:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back