Not another boiler kettling question

That was listed in order of importance Tony, not chronologically. Years of experience can make you a good engineer, sitting your acs alone does not

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Apologies for not getting back sooner.

I put the house through that online calculator and it gave me 12kw. The total length of radiators is 16 metres.

I have my doubts about whether some of these rads are big enough. Our daughter's bedroom is 10'x12', north facing with a large window and two external walls. It gets very cold in winter even with the rad on (single, 1100x500mm).

I've also noticed many rads get cooler towards the bottom. Will this be caused by sludge?

Thanks again so far
Andy

I put the house through that online calculator and it gave me 12kw. The total length of radiators is 16 metres.

That would justify a 16 kW boiler
I have my doubts about whether some of these rads are big enough. Our daughter's bedroom is 10'x12', north facing with a large window and two external walls. It gets very cold in winter even with the rad on (single, 1100x500mm).
That is 900 w, if it has fins on the back, and about 500 if it is just the panel; I would have specced about twice that.

I've also noticed many rads get cooler towards the bottom. Will this be caused by sludge?
Most likely

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back