Not enough catalyst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I did my fiberglass roof myself but had a small leak so I run the sander over it a bit and put down another topcoat but instead of 20ml of catalyst per 1L of topcoat I used 2ml leaving the topcoat semi-solid. Slightly tacky to the touch. What can I do?

Sponsored Links
A difficult one and you may get away with it if you can wait for the topcoat to cure......other than that I guess its a scrape away task and then refill with the correct mix.
John :)

If I use a scraper will I need to clean the remaining topcoat off with a solvent or just apply a new topcoat?

Personally I'd not use the solvent but rather scrape away what I could, and then reapply the new matting - stippling well so the resin oozes through well.
Of course, the topcoat may go off in its own time......I can't confirm that for sure.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Looked at it this morning an it seem to have gone a bit harder since yesterday. Maybe worth hanging on to see

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back