not enough life to start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my car is peu 306 turbo deisal car was hard to start battery seemed to be low. so fitted with brand new battery. ie correct one for car. it still has the same problem .the car turns over .and then sounds if battery is low. any ideas :cry:

Sponsored Links
battery had full charge was tested in moter factors was brand new. have also checked earths.cleaned and replaced :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
the battery will be better charged after you have given the car a good run than when it comes off the shelf.

in this weather if you drive around using fan, lights, HRW etc, doing short runs and low speed or stuck in jams, the battery will drain faster than you charge it. this is more common than a poor charging rate so think about that first.

i understand what u are saying but/ i have also had new battery on car and aset of jump leads of another linked and still starter is still sounding as if battery low.thanks

I still don't know if you did anything to charge the battery.

Does it run ok once it's started?
If so, it's probably a duff starter or the battery connections to it. If it doesn't then check the oil level as it may be siezing

Sponsored Links
Back