Not fast enough...

G

Goldspoon

I am an aspirant plumber gradually increasing my experience (and presently working with others to gain experience).

Got a phone call this morning, whilst still eating my Weetabix, from a chap who is a landlord and the tenant is an old dear who had a "drip coming from a pipe on the loo" and could I ring her.

I had planned to not work today but as it was only around the corner I said I'd ring her. I did, straight away.

Feeling in a good mood and aiming to please I said "I can be round within one hour, is that suitable?". The answer slightly took me aback: "Not really, can't you make it sooner?". "What, sooner than 'within one hour'" I said. "Yes" she said. "How about within 45 minutes?" I joked. ""Within 30 minutes would be preferable" she said, deadpan.

Just made me laugh. Me expecting to be praised for being there within the hour and her thinking it was not good enough.

Sponsored Links
you should know by now that you should be waiting round the corner for them when they have a leak, or been their yesterday.

you should know by now that you should be waiting round the corner for them when they have a leak, or been their yesterday.

call that being half decent?

a good plumber wouldnt have been skulking around the corner.

he would have been straight in there before the leak occured.

call yourself a decent plumber? ha

i shake my elderberries in your general direction :LOL:

After that conversation i would be reluctant to turn up at all, dont like people who think you owe them something or are making demands before you have even met them or done work for them.
Part of quoting for jobs for me was to see if the potential customer was someone i could get along with and was willing to do work for,just as they were doing with me,.

Sponsored Links
After that conversation i would be reluctant to turn up at all, dont like people who think you owe them something or are making demands before you have even met them or done work for them.
Part of quoting for jobs for me was to see if the potential customer was someone i could get along with and was willing to do work for,just as they were doing with me,.
make you right on that
ok-wink.gif

if its an emergency and i get spoke to like that i just add a little bit more % on the parts.

The ones that crack me up are the ones that phone up and ask for a quote to replace a boiler,for example,and you suggest a time and day and they go "sorry can't make it then" So you suggest another time and day and they come back with the exact same answer so you try a third time and still they prevaricate until finally you, well I, tell them to f@ck off!

I mean if you want a quote for something be prepared to actually have a day and time in mind FFS.

Had one last week who refused to give me his details until I told him when I would come to quote despite him having been recommended to me by a customer of mine.

Honest to God

:evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back