Soviet block gas supplies and workers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this a communist conspiracy then, first off we lose work to labour from countries with iffsky ofsky sounding languages, now russia is cutting gas supplies, I think it is all designed to fek up the plumbing and heating industy in western countries, wouldn't suprise me if presott wasnt in on it, lets face it he is fekking up our trade "left" right and center, I see a very bleak future, still no work coming in, phone only went twice over the holiday, once to repair a boiler and the other to bail out a stupid woman who let a slovac bloke start her bathroom and didn't know what he was doing, this was the day after boxing day, I turned her down, if people are stupid enough to use "cheap" foreign plumbers they get what they deserve.
This is the second time I had dealings with people having trouble, one polish guy went to a Baxi Solo, charged her £35.00 and said "I think it's the ignition"
proceeded to tell her he was buying his tools as he was going along !!!!!!1, needless to say he didn't fix it, I went and within 2 minutes found it was the fan, perhaps I should have said "I think it's the fan" and charged her £35.00 and fekked off like he did, ten of those a day and I would be laughing.
Something not right happening and I can only see it getting worse.

Sponsored Links
............I see a very bleak future, still no work coming in,..........

I don't see it as bleak, but there is certainly little (um.....nothing?) work this Christmas, I just wonder if everyone with a problem will ring up tomorrow. I can wind them up and say "pity you didn't ring last week, we were doing a discounted rate" :evil:

Yes me too.

Had one call over Christmas BH and one over new year. Leaky tap connector and repeat of the filling loop education I only gave them 3 months ago.

Last year had 3 on new years day.

Actually last year had a regular stream of float valve toilet and loft, old folk who can't operate taps and all those sort of plumbing jobs including glazing work.

Lately there has been vertually non of that work whatsoever, if I didn't have a hard core of customers I wouldn't have any work at all.

Guys, you should come across the water...impossible to get a plumber to do anything over here! That's why I've become such a fan of this website, gotta do it myself

Sponsored Links
Not surprising then is it? Too many do-gooding old gits giving information FREE!!!! on here. How dumb is that??? What do we get in return, thanks from some and berated by some of the inadequate diy morons because they get an off hand reply, and they even complain as if it THEIR right. They're quite happy to bite your hand off though. Well I hope the selfish moaners have a happy new year...........NOT!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back