Not long now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The LHC Its due for completion around 24th June, not sure of the big switch on date but are you one of those worried about the consequences of the experiments? The talk of creating black holes here on earth etc, bit like the first atomic explosion and the worries whether the chain reaction would not stop and completely burn off the earths atmosphere, no one knew for sure but they still carried on and pushed the button.

Could this be how the Big Bang started in the first place?
Is this Armaggedon or nothing to worry about whatsoever?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I remember reading at the time of its conception, that one of the scientists, when asked what the probabilities were of creating a black hole replied, many many millions to one against.

My first thought was why any odds............. :eek:

They actually expect to create many small black holes which according to some will explode("safely") soon after creation.
there are hopes that even openings to other universes or dimensions may happen!

The scientist I mentioned, was replying to the possibility of a black hole being created, which would migrate to the earths centre, and suck the earth into a tiny black hole......... :eek:

This is spooky :eek:

I have only just finished reading articles about this on-line, and how it could create time travel, e.g., one theory of time travel is you can only go back to when the first space time distortion has taken place, and scientists are saying 2008 is year zero, when the LHC is fired up
I then visit this website, and a thread is up about it!!!!
more like the twilight zone here :rolleyes:

We may end up in a time loop, it gets worse, think id prefer the quick ending
seriously, there are so many potential uncertainties thats its all a bit scary if you start to think about it.

I had a Greek girlfriend once. I can tell you a thing or two about black holes.

I had a Greek girlfriend once. I can tell you a thing or two about black holes.
rofl.gif

Sponsored Links
Back