not what it used to be.

doctor calls plumber in middle of night for blocked toilet.

plumber says "but it's the middle of the night!"

doctor says, "If you called me in the middle of the night, you'd expect me to come"

Plumber turns up, stands and looks at blocked toilet, throws an aspirin into the bowl, says "If it's not better by morning, call me again"

Sponsored Links
mate of mine done a 10min job, says to customer £60 please.
Cutomer starts moaning about the cost of f***ing plumbers
mate says if you cant afford it dont worry about it
Cust then moans about being offered 'charity' work and pays up!!!

what gets me, is. they call you up, you go fix the problem, if its somthing simple they say ,if i would of known that i could of fixed it myself.heres the shock you didnt know what the proplem was,and if you did then you would of spent years doing the job or would have had more common sense than to ring me up.

I walked off a job today where I had quoted £65.00 plus price of part to fit a new pcb to a 24 cdi. I had been given the wrong price for the part by the suppliers and when I went to pick it up I was charged thirty quid more than I had told the customer. I got the pcb anyway and took it back to the house and explained to customer and even gave her the reciept. She told me to fit it anyway but when I went upstairs to fit it I could hear her on the phone complaining to somebody about my labour charge. It went something like " 65 pounds I mean why 65, why not 60 what's the extra fiver for" in a very agitated voice. Now I was listening to this having just spent 163 quid on a pcb which, if I fitted would be non returnable, and I got a funny feeling that if there were any further problems with this boiler I would have trouble getting paid. I originally went out sat evening and the boiler would not run, it was sending an on/off pulse of power to the pump and fan about every second continually. To my mind it could only be the pcb and worcester tech line confirmed this. Anyway when I got that feeling I just picked up my tools and parts and walked out, she wasn't very happy when I told her to get somebody else. Personally I thought 65 quid for 2 visits and a trip for the part was too cheap anyway.

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday.

Spent an hour on the boiler on Sunday then another hour and half on the phone re the problem/sourcing spare part .Called her up with the price (had been given wrong info and price first time by supplier) the second time and she said to me "that's £10 more than you told me a a few minutes ago".

Told her to go get someone else.

Life is way too short.

I simply don't take sh!t no more.

Any nonsense from them now and the tools are packed and I'm offksi.

Few year ago I would have stood arguing and getting nowhere now I just cut my losses.

And,breath....:cool:

Sponsored Links
There is an old saying I heared once which I use if asked about my prices, " I dont get payed for what I do, I get payed for what I know"
It always seems to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back