Notable Obituaries.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
New he had a few health issues but didn't expect this! My wife will be gutted because she designed the lighting for one of his stage shows many years ago. Said he was one of the loveliest people she had ever met. :(
Bizarrely I had a very very minor role in his 'The last world tour'...

I'm a great fan of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and I reckon this is one of the best musical additions ever put to film...

Rest in rock and roll land forever!

Just saw the news. :(
Didn't become a Meat Loaf fan til later in life, probably in 30s. Always thought his rock was too soft when I was younger!
Love it now though.

Last edited:
I first heard Bat Out Of Hell when it was an unofficial import which a mates elder brother had somehow got hold of. Our gang of teenage grebo's played it virtually non stop for weeks and I remember we all had to chip in & buy him a replacement as we'd worn it out (scratched it).

Many years later an ex-missus of mine used to be the top keyholder for Sheffield Arena where Meatloaf allegedly had a particular 'fondness' for playing. she arranged for me to stand at the side of the stage & look official for the few days of setup & the night of the concert.

I don't know if it was common behaviour for him, whether it was the stress of a stadium tour or the effects of one of the many illness's he suffered, but I hope I never have the misfortune to stand by & watch one of the most arrogant, bullish, nasty, spoilt w@nk3rz the music industry has ever suffered. How that man treated & barked at those on the payroll & how he never got decked amazed me.

In contrast, I had pretty much the same side of stage experience with Rod Stewart, who I suspect fancied the pants off my missus yet still came across as just another bloke who happened to be a superstar.

Sponsored Links
Back