Notable Obituaries.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I used to be a big fan of CB from 77 - 90.
Smokie was the film that kicked it all off for me.

I still ask people what their 20 is, and most say, "You what?" :):)

Henry Patterson
BBC News - Eagle Has Landed author dies aged 92
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61054455

Great film, I always enjoy watching it. The village scenes were filmed in Devon I think but a lot of the action takes place just down the road from me in Charlestown. I sometimes have a few beers in the Pier House Hotel, Donald Sutherland got thrown out of the window to the right of the door.

8705872529_b8effea1bf_b.jpg

Just below that but out of view is a red and white metal barrier, erected by the film company to serve as a German checkpoint but still there today.

Great film, I always enjoy watching it. The village scenes were filmed in Devon I think but a lot of the action takes place just down the road from me in Charlestown. I sometimes have a few beers in the Pier House Hotel, Donald Sutherland got thrown out of the window to the right of the door.

8705872529_b8effea1bf_b.jpg

Just below that but out of view is a red and white metal barrier, erected by the film company to serve as a German checkpoint but still there today.

I never recognised that. Been for a couple or two in the past.

The village scenes were Mapledurham just up the road from me.
When I was at school I was in the rowing club and as we came round a bend we came across the “E boat”
The Mill is part of the estate and is used as locations quite often.
It’s in Tabbo as an explosives factory and on the cover of Black Sabath

K
When I was at school I was in the rowing club and as we came round a bend we came across the “E boat”

I wonder if the stars ever had a gutsy burger......

Just checked on Googlemaps and it made me chuckle, went camping a couple of times to Crays Pond when I was in the scouts.

Sponsored Links
Back