Notification email not working properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic"

The email I receive from the site (as above) is not working properly as I received 8 emails on the same subject.

Sponsored Links
Strange, has this only just started? Were there 8 replies to the topic you were watching? Hmm :confused:

Can you tell me if this happens again please and also the topic number it happens on.

Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
I've just opened up Outlook Express and had 3 notifications for the PROOF DIY GAS IS LEGAL topic in plumbing.

Ok, thanks, I shall investigate further. Do they have the same sent time?

The sent time were all different.

Only had one notification this morning though. :D

Sorry to be a pain, but can you tell me what the times were, it'll allow me to trace it back. Thanks in advance! :D

It looks as if they could be timed at 19.38 , 19.40, 19.45, 19.51, 19.59, 20.04 and 20.14.

I can't remember which 3 came together though but have listed the possible ones, sorry :oops: .

Thanks for your time. :D

I have made some changes to the topic reply notification so please let me know if you encounter any further unusual behaviour. :)

The last email that was sent from the DIYnot forums was sent at 8.05pm last night (27th), another at 3.52pm and another at 3.11pm, etc.

Have you double checked your junk/spam folders? It's difficult to say what's wrong because since I changed things around, the emails are logged as they're sent, so if something goes wrong this end it doesn't get logged. :confused: I'll have a dig around.

I just checked my 'raw-log' on the mail server, no email received from diynot.com. Raw log shows everything: spam, whitelist, black-list etc.

What's the exact email address notifications are mailed from? Still [email protected]? That's on my whitelist anyway.

Sponsored Links
Back