Now is this by chance or design ?

EddieM,

So huge mathematical odds against one particular scenario occurring are irrelevant if that scenario has occurred.

There is no need to explain the uniqueness of a particular deal from a random shuffle ie no one rigged the deck.

Not sure what you mean, but the card example illustrates that even in something as mundane as dealing out a randomly shuffled pack of cards, the outcome is almost certainly unique (at this moment in time) due to its incredible improbability, but you just did it.

I don't think the odds make it 'almost certainly unique'.

Like tossing a coin that has just come up heads ten times in a row and is just as likely to come up heads or tails next toss. Prob of 0.5 each toss if we discount edge.

Each deal is as likely as any other to appear. The fact that an individual deal has appeared does not affect the frequency of other outcomes.

So when we are presented with a deal, and say in wonder 'what are the chances of that?' , we have to remember that it is as likely to have occurred as any other deal.

Sponsored Links
EddieM,

So huge mathematical odds against one particular scenario occurring are irrelevant if that scenario has occurred.

There is no need to explain the uniqueness of a particular deal from a random shuffle ie no one rigged the deck.

Not sure what you mean, but the card example illustrates that even in something as mundane as dealing out a randomly shuffled pack of cards, the outcome is almost certainly unique (at this moment in time) due to its incredible improbability, but you just did it.

I don't think the odds make it 'almost certainly unique'.

Like tossing a coin that has just come up heads ten times in a row and is just as likely to come up heads or tails next toss. Prob of 0.5 each toss if we discount edge.

Each deal is as likely as any other to appear. The fact that an individual deal has appeared does not affect the frequency of other outcomes.

So when we are presented with a deal, and say in wonder 'what are the chances of that?' , we have to remember that it is as likely to have occurred as any other deal.

Well that is true but there was still a 1 in 52! chance of it occurring.

whats the chances of a car appearing outside your house, no manufacture,no desighner, . just plonked there out of chance.

dont forget to take the four jokers out of the pack of cards, :LOL:

Sponsored Links
whats the chances of a car appearing outside your house, no manufacture,no desighner, . just plonked there out of chance.

greater than the chances of talking snakes and women being made out of ribs?
Ad hominem?

'Add femina' surely :D
Dunno, is B&B feminine.
I do see your irony, this time. Just being as silly.
Where I hang out pain is masculine and beurre is masculine.
So it's defintely le pain et le beurre.

nope not femanine.last time i looked ,i was still a man.

did you know aparently that the rib bone is the only bone that can regenerate itself.

All bones can regenerate themselves. My wife's fibula is doing exactly that as we speak - I hope.

did you know aparently that the rib bone is the only bone that can regenerate itself.

On Making a woman out of the rib .

Add Femina. ....Add a woman.

Just a poor attempt at a pun. Sadly, probably not the last.

On Making a woman out of the rib .

Add Femina. ....Add a woman.

Just a poor attempt at a pun. Sadly, probably not the last.

no need to be hostile, we can all do that, thats easy.

greater than the chances of talking snakes and women being made out of ribs?
Ad hominem?

You don't understand what those latin words mean.
Calm down, calm down. It's only a discussion.
In your fist post in this thread (that I recall) you appeared to respond to B&B comment with more of an attack on his religious beliefs, than a reasoned response to his comment.
I questioned your response with a query, i.e. was that an attack on the man not his argument?

Then your hostile towards me with a ludicrous claim that I'm using words that I don't understand.
Ad hominem again?

Sponsored Links
Back