Now low pressure in hot kitchen tap help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well that last few months have been a nightmare, was in process of getting bathroom done and old plumber broke his arm badly motorbike accident, that was delayed bathroom was out at this time.

Found a new plumber then turned out bath base faulty 4 weeks for a replacement, then he started a new job working away, then fast forward to a nightmare of a so called plumber, makes John Wayne look good.

he fitted a 3 way shower valve, didn’t tested it before he flushed it,

told him it needed flushed, he now says he will return and do flush,

But now when turn kitchen tap on the hot pressure is no where near to what it was. The central heating when switched on didn’t even
Warm the rads turned out every radiator was full of air, heating back on.

also when did turn bath on as fills from overflow pressure was great I only hope he has t damaged my shower valve my not flushing it at the check valves, he is supposed to return, I feel like doing it myself but don’t want to cause any damage.

He is a total nightmare in so deep and struggling as everybody else is busy,

I have a Combi boiler, he has just connected the shower valve using Speedfit, I think I could of done a better job, but since he’s messed around with that, pressure of hot in kitchen poor, cold is full force, could it have anything to do with when he switched the concealed shower on without flushing it first,

what makes things worse is his daughter in same class as apparent,y going through a separation, we all have problems of some sort though.

I think he has took offence to me being a female and questioning sadly he has had some money but not all of it

any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
Meant to say pressure not great from overflow turn kitchen hot on and it becomes non existent but I expected it to drop slightly but with pressure so low now

It may have a slight chance of being related, depends on how it was drained down. How is the kitchen sink tap piped up, eg flexi hoses? It could also be debris on tap insert comb if fitted.

Sponsored Links
Hi still not heard from plumber but I think I have found fault he had turned one of the valves underneath boiler off, so pressure looks back to normal

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back