Npower nest thermostat

Sponsored Links
They're pretty enough.

Wouldn't let an NPower muppet install one though. I have made some good money in the last few months from idiots from big utility companies not knowing how to tie their shoelaces blowing boiler pcbs.

Would I have one?

No.

I would (and have) get Honeywell EvoHome.

If you want a pretty single zone, heating only thermostat then they're OK though.

Sponsored Links
I've installed lots of them (look at the Nest website for your local certified installer). They seem to be very good at doing what they're designed to do, but are a bit limited in their functionality. If you've got more than one zone to do, or have a hot water cylinder, they can't cope

Yes I see what your saying. How can you over come the need for hot water if you do have a cylinder ?

Hi

I am not a pro (by any stretch of the imagination!) but have installed one for our single zone with HW from a cylinder.

THe HW is kept hot the same way it was before - via a cylinder stat and programmer/timer. I don't find that an issue although no doubt there could be even more efficiencies derived from it controlling both (which it does't).

Interesting so far. The honeywell Evohome has a great write up and is the RR of its kind, but the cost for it is, as expected, high, but you get full control of your system and can add on if necessary.
The nest can talk to your " other " nest home systems that you could fit but not as flexible if you need hot water control.
More to think about!
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back