NTL TV cable clipped to gas pipe

Sponsored Links
photo required for us to comment as no visable inspection available for us.

like h3ll it will, ntl cabled through garden, not at 18" min but at 1.5 inch guess what im alway chopping through it when im gardenin.

ntl said well can you not dig so deep ..na cable should not be there so they sleeved it and put it back at 1 inch deep to top of sleeve.

like telephones the cable does have milivolts or rens as bt call them, these are so little danger thats its safe to cut through no problem etc.
use of such small non amped volts is to speed the rate of which signals pass through and thats about it.

wouldnt worry at all about cable tied to gas pipe unless its causing strain damage.

just send photos to,ntl,ntl.s contractor,transco,corgi,hse and my mum she loves a nice photo.

Sponsored Links
BT do not call them RENs, that it the ringing equivalence number.

NTL and most other Telcos will clip their cable to anything and everything. I suggest the OP either gets on with his life or considers himself thankful it has not been pushed inside the hedge or laid on the surface of his driveway.

In my day my BT colleagues considered a clip an unnecessary contrivance and a delay between the job and the caff.

I would suggest if it look reasonably neat leave well alone. If you call out NTL they will propably make it look 10 times worse.

ren which i take as gospal from yourself.

is that not influenced by voltage within the line itself, ie most domestic properties have a ren of at least 3 in which after that is exceeded the telephones may not ring at all !!! been there and done it exceeded ren long time ago.

as i say eitherway voltage so so small that it posses no risk, im sure cable works the same way where milivolts are used to speed teh signal transfer to customers homes/property. again i have hacked through cable a couple of times without any problems and the repairers just joint the cable as it is(one one repair joint allowed on cable)

Telephone lines work on 50 volts but the ringing current is driven at 80 volts rms. It's more than enough to give you a belt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back