NTSC instead of PAL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Sony Blu-ray player will allow me to watch BBC iPlayer. However if I try to record anything watched my Philips Hard-drive/DVD recorder saves them as NTSC instead of PAL2. All other inputs from Camcorder etc all record as PAL it's only signal from Blu-ray a BDP-S370/S373 that end up as NTSC. Although on hard drive I can have both when writing a DVD all must be same format so NTSC is really a pain.

Looked at Blu-ray instructions and can't see how to change it. There is no reference to NTSC or PAL only YCbCr(4:2:2), YCbCr (4:4:4) and RGB plus Auto although that is for HDMI and I record with Component Video.

Any idea how I change the output of the Sony Blu-ray player to PAL instead of NTSC?

Sponsored Links
It's because the output is at 60Hz. Let it record in NTSC format if the recorder will do that. it's a cleaner signal than format converting it to PAL 60

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back