Number plates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Photoblocker sold on the internet. It's a transparent spray that reflects the flash of GATSO speed cameras so the number plate is un-readable. They say only 'and it's legal', what they don't say is 'it's legal to use'.
So to my question, is its USE legal or not?
Any police officers out there who can reply?

Sponsored Links
You could always say you didnt spray it. If its transparent you wouldnt see it either. Im not going to try it though. :LOL:

I saw a police camera programme where they stopped someone who "didn't know" he had the stuff on. He wasn't even speeding, they could tell because the numberplate becomes hard to read on the camera monitor inside the police car, and in the dark the number plate reflects too much light.

That driver still got fined for it despite having "no idea" it was there.

Cheaper to pay speeding tickets and increased insurance, cheaper still to OBEY THE SPEED LIMIT :rolleyes: Not hard, you just make sure the value displayed on the gauge in front of you doesn't exceed the value of the last speed limit sign you passed :LOL: ;)

AdamW said:
I saw a police camera programme where they stopped someone who "didn't know" he had the stuff on. He wasn't even speeding, they could tell because the numberplate becomes hard to read on the camera monitor inside the police car, and in the dark the number plate reflects too much light.

That driver still got fined for it despite having "no idea" it was there.

Cheaper to pay speeding tickets and increased insurance, cheaper still to OBEY THE SPEED LIMIT :rolleyes: Not hard, you just make sure the value displayed on the gauge in front of you doesn't exceed the value of the last speed limit sign you passed :LOL: ;)

watch that on road wars adam?

once saw another driver who used black tape to make a 0 look like an 8. his number plate was summit like XX83 XXX. shame that number plate isnt in use and never will be... he denied all knowledge of it but he still got done for 'equipt to steal' or summit like that

Sponsored Links
I sore an article in a motoring mag about this and other anti detection methods, none of which worked.

Back