Numpty Alert! Grouted joint between bath and bottom tiles...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been proudly admiring my new grouting (first timer) which has been drying for a few days since I finished...

Anyway, I've come to seal the bath and read that I shouldn't have grouted the joint between the bath and the last row of tiles... :oops:

It's a tight joint to begin with and only a fine sliver of grout... but can I now seal on top of this with silicone, or do you have to rake it out (really don't fancy this option)???

The grout is BAL Micromax and I'll be using some unibond easy smooth anti mould sealant...

Any thoughts???

Sponsored Links
Never mind... the situation resolved itself when I filled the bath and the grout cracked... :eek:

Now raked out and ready for a grout free bead of sealant...

Lesson learned, now if I could just delete this thread and play it cool... :D

Lol...

Lesson learnt...grout and silicone won't go....(when the grouted would have cracked your silicone would have to...to a certain existent...

Hope you haven't grouted your internal corners either number49!!

You're just full of good news aren't you tictic :eek:

Looks like I have some more raking to do...

Sponsored Links
Enjoy...
Number49....lol...and make sure you get it all out...he/she...

Dow cornering will be best to use for sealing interior joints..

Here to help..no.49...

Now don't be breaking into a sweat when yer doin all that raking..rather you than me... :LOL: :LOL: ...enjoy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back