numpty on site guide question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
morning all

been looking at the OSG, permitted cable routes fig 7.3.2 and am wondering if it is permissible to run a cable horizontally (being buried less than 50mm) from that bottom accessory box in the picture?
If installation had for example concrete floors and it was not possible to install sockets by running down the wall under floorboards along then back up the wall to the next one?
or does "or run horizontally or vertically to an accessory or consumer unit" answer my question

a bit of help would be appreciated ( told you it was a numpty question!! :oops: )

Sponsored Links
It is permitted to run cables horizontally between accessories.

This is in my view also the simplest and most economical way to do socket rings in rooms where you have an outlet every couple of metres (or kitchen where you have one every 600mm)

many thanks John

I was having a "discussion" with some one at college the other week about the topic, and he was saying that you had to either chisel out the floor or run up into ceiling void and back down to next socket, which seemed like an awful lot of hard work ( not of course that I am saying that you lot don't work hard already.....creep creep ;) ]

Also over on screwfix somebody was on about only the surrounding 150mm being covered from the accessory
( covered by the OSG I mean!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back