Nursing shortage to increase by 1

Sponsored Links
Another way of raising more tax from the people at the bottom, is freezing allowances and tax bands.

The personal allowance was £12,500 in 2019, and £12,570 in 2021. It has not increased since then and it has been announced that it will stay the same

With inflation at around 10%, anybody lucky enough not to have had a real-terms pay cut will have seen a greater proportion of their income going in tax, and some people on quite low earnings or pensions have been dragged into the tax net.

This is a sly way of increasing taxes without mentioning it.
It's way past time that people stopped promoting the toxic myth that 'taxpayers fund govt'. Of course they don't.

I mean, Beardsley Ruml published his 'Taxes for Revenue are Obsolete' paper in 1945.

How can the NHS continue if the government's actions drive essential staff away?

It's almost as if....
They  want the NHS to collapse so that they have the excuse they want to shut it down and privatise it? Or would they just make it into a volunteer-staffed organisation? (And just when I though Liz Truss was the dumbest member of the cabinet, Therese Coffee, she of the "outstanding" trade deals, goes and trumps her...)

And talking about the NHS what happened to the 40 hospitals that Johnson's government were building? Did they run out of paint, or did the mists simply close in around Brigadoon again (where they are presumably all being built)

How can the NHS continue if the government's actions drive essential staff away?

It's almost as if....
They  want the NHS to collapse so that they have the excuse they want to shut it down and privatise it? Or would they just make it into a volunteer-staffed organisation? (And just when I though Liz Truss was the dumbest member of the cabinet, Therese Coffee, she of the "outstanding" trade deals, goes and trumps her...)

Labour must have had the same idea in 2004 when they introduced foundation trusts and again in 2007 when they also got rid of nearly 20,000 staff so they could balance the books.

Sponsored Links

And talking about the NHS what happened to the 40 hospitals that Johnson's government were building? Did they run out of paint, or did the mists simply close in around Brigadoon again (where they are presumably all being built)

1665076465313.png

The average pay rise for nursing staff this year is 4.7% and nurses are asking for 5% + 12% in line with inflation, otherwise they'll take strike action.
If this keeps up the whole country will be on the picket line this christmas.

The average pay rise for nursing staff this year is 4.7% and nurses are asking for 5% + 12% in line with inflation, otherwise they'll take strike action.
If this keeps up the whole country will be on the picket line this christmas.

I don't doubt it and I suspect the Unions will succeed in bringing the Govt down. What comes next will be interesting.

Labour must have had the same idea in 2004 when they introduced foundation trusts and again in 2007 when they also got rid of nearly 20,000 staff so they could balance the books.
And in 12 years since the Tories haven't replaced any of them. NOT ONE, despite all the lies, bluster and bravado. So if Labour did so.much wrong back then, what have the Tories done to reverse it? ZIP - NADA - SFA - or in other words, NOTHING!!! In fact the Tories have driven even more staff away with their immigration policies which have seen both EU and non-EU staff not being able to get visas to work here and in many cases not wishing to work here because this country is now seen as a racist, hostile environment for foreigners. At the same time there has been ZERO effort to train more home grown staff. So before you go on about history, remember this it's the Tories who have been in office for more than a decade

It would appearcthst @gone believes in Tory "facts" about NHS spending. Maybe he could answer this - why do certain NHS bodies have to have private healthcare sector directors in yhem, and how much of the money being spent on thd NHS has to be paid to private healthcare providers? And whilst he's about it, where are those 40 hospitals? And why are emergency ambulance services the worst they have ever been? And why are hospital waiting lists at an all time high?

And in 12 years since the Tories haven't replaced any of them. NOT ONE, despite all the lies, bluster and bravado. So if Labour did so.much wrong back then, what have the Tories done to reverse it? ZIP - NADA - SFA - or in other words, NOTHING!!! In fact the Tories have driven even more staff away with their immigration policies which have seen both EU and non-EU staff not being able to get visas to work here and in many cases not wishing to work here because this country is now seen as a racist, hostile environment for foreigners. At the same time there has been ZERO effort to train more home grown staff. So before you go on about history, remember this it's the Tories who have been in office for more than a decade

In 2021, there were approximately 593 thousand nurses in employment in the United Kingdom (UK). This is a large increase from 2010 when there were around 541 thousand nurses. However, the number of nurses decreased significantly from 2020 to 2021.

There were actually 670 thousand in 2020, there seemed to be an exodus around the time of the covid pandemic.

Number of nurses in the UK 2010-2021​

1665079640914.png

I for one wouldn't knock Labours performance on the NHS, some of the highest spending ever was under Blair, but the facts don't back up your anti Tory rants, in fact, they prove your claims are rubbish.

In 2021, there were approximately 593 thousand nurses in employment in the United Kingdom (UK). This is a large increase from 2010 when there were around 541 thousand nurses. However, the number of nurses decreased significantly from 2020 to 2021.

There were actually 670 thousand in 2020, there seemed to be an exodus around the time of the covid pandemic.

Number of nurses in the UK 2010-2021​

View attachment 281867

I for one wouldn't knock Labours performance on the NHS, some of the highest spending ever was under Blair, but the facts don't back up your anti Tory rants, in fact, they prove your claims are rubbish.
Does that spending include paying for bank nurses (at very heavy cost) because of the shortages of staff?

do you have figures for vacancies over the same times ?

I notice that @motorbiking did not reply when I asked him about 11% of the workforce leaving in a year.
11% in my industry would be low, you gotta make room for the young to move up. Its only really an issue if there wasn't a good source of new recruits.

Sponsored Links
Back