O rings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Any ieas where I can purchase 'o' rings suitable as replacements for the seals on tap headwork mechanisms?

I have several 'o' ring kits from BES an Screwfix but the 'o' rings are all too thick. I visit many properties where the tap mechanisms are in need of an overhaul so would be looking to buy quite few.

Also, does anone know where I can purchase a supply of trap inlet sealing washers for 2" traps?

Hope you can help,

Mark

Sponsored Links
The standard PlumbersO ring kits have some sizes of what I assume you're referring to for the tap. Or try rswww.com if you know the sizes.
Traps - try McAlpine?

Machinery Mart does a quite-cheap box of O rings including every conceivable size from very small to quite large. (Except, of course the size you need!!!)

Any ieas where I can purchase 'o' rings suitable as replacements for the seals on tap headwork mechanisms?

I tend to fit a new tap head replacement kit you can get em for about 8 quid trade. saves all the faffin about.

I got a set of 'O' rings from PTS recently so you could try there

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. McAlpine is on my list for the trap washers. O-rings are slightly more difficult to size, and therefore without knowing the exact size are a pain to source

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back