oak or oak stain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, our kitchen units are all oak. I am looking to make an open cabinet to fit into an alcove and want it to match.
Oak would be the best material but, I havn't a clue where I would buy it as I havn't seen it anywhere I usually shop. And is it very expensive?
Would a cheaper alternative be to buy pine and oak stain it?

Sponsored Links
Oak veenered MDF is best option. Pine does dye by will not match current units well.

Oak mdf sounds interesting. Not sure about local dealers though. The only place around here besides b&q is travis perkins. I don't have an account there but I do buy wood from there. They don't give prices on there website. Any idea about the price?

Sponsored Links
Hi Norcon, that's quite a distance from Gwynedd. There aren't any prices on the website and delivery on top would be expensive I would imagine.
I could pick up locally if I found a supplier.

Cheers Foxhole. My wife picked up some wood for me today from TP and I asked her to ask how much the Oak veneer mdf was. The same as you have shown in the link you sent. The guy said they didn't have any. So perhaps you have to order it? Either way I still didn't get a price!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back