oak worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am about to fit 38mm oak worktop to a run of 3.1m, the length of the worktops I have are 3m, obviously I have to find that extra 10cm but I am guessing I don't want to add just 10cm to end of 3m length, where am I best to cut the 3m. the run has a cut out for a sink and also cuts in the back to allow for where pipes have been boxed in. would appreciate any info, also any advice on what is the best method for cutting the oak, router, skill or jigsaw, blades, bits etc.

Sponsored Links
You should be able to put the extra 100mm at the end, and if you do a nice fine cut (router) and glue and clamp it (with biscuits or a proper rebated joint) then it should match in nicely

cheers woody, I didn't buy a 4m top because of the extra cost, I knew that i would have enough off cuts left over from other worktops to make up any short fall.

Sponsored Links
Put the cut bit somewhere where it will have plenty of support, such as above a solid-topped unit etc. Don't put it in the corner where it will probably have nothing to rest on. You can cut it with a router. When it's done and clamped up tight with worktop bolts underneath you can sand the general area to hide any slight ridge at the join.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back