Obsolete pressure washer attachment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a pressure washer from B&Q some 5 years ago called Challenge Xtreme. The p/w is obsolete now I think but I'm wondering if there is a more current brand which uses the same type of connector as the C/X and has a patio cleaner attachment so that I can buy it as a single accessory rather than fork out for a whole p/w + accessory kit.
I'm wanting to wash my driveway (91 square metres).
The last time I did it was 3 years ago using the most powerfull setting. Brick by brick it took 9 hours over 2 days. Looked brand knew but really don't want to do it again so if any of you know a make which sells accessories as seperates which are universal enough to fit the Challenge Xtreme please let me know.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I blasted my drive last year, although it transformed it back to, as new, it blasted all the sand out of the joints covering not just me but also all the flowers in the border, Mrs Pred was not happy, thinking about it Mrs Pred is never happy :LOL: :LOL: , back to the subject, next time I'll use a paving block cleaner and hose pipe.

Hey pred, thanks for the response.
Have done that since my last drive wash and the result wasn't nearly the same when I'd used the direct jet from the p/w it brought the block paving back like it had just been laid. A couple of bags of kiln dried sand and it could have passed as being laid that day, honestly.
Come to think of it, might not even be the same result with a patio cleaner attachment given that the water is essentailly split into several jets vs the one direct jet that i'd used previously but I would defo be willing to give the patio attachment a go.

Ps.
In your case why didn't you just use the fan spray on your p/w with the patio cleaner detergent and go for the hose pipe?

Edit: Just noticed you said 'next time' :)

After I got it looking like new I sprayed with a pave sealer to try and stop the KD sand washing away and keep the weeds etc at bay, after less than twelve months its looking a bit yukkie again, I'm hoping the sealer I used will make cleaning easier this time.

Sponsored Links
I bought a pressure washer from B&Q some 5 years ago called Challenge Xtreme. The p/w is obsolete now I think but I'm wondering if there is a more current brand which uses the same type of connector as the C/X and has a patio cleaner attachment so that I can buy it as a single accessory rather than fork out for a whole p/w + accessory kit.
I'm wanting to wash my driveway (91 square metres).
The last time I did it was 3 years ago using the most powerfull setting. Brick by brick it took 9 hours over 2 days. Looked brand knew but really don't want to do it again so if any of you know a make which sells accessories as seperates which are universal enough to fit the Challenge Xtreme please let me know.

Cheers

Too much pressure washing of driveway pavers is not good. It blasts off the surface of the pavers each time you do it. You will then notice that the time between cleaning and getting dirty gets shorter as the years roll by.
THE VERY BEST WAY to clean your drive is to get hold of some 'SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE' . It comes in 25 Litre drums and costs anything from £15 to £20 . (google it and see)
You can get it from dairy cleaning supply places easily.
All you do is - wet your driveway and then mix up some H Chlorite (about 5 litres (or less) of HC to 20 Litres of water.)
Pour the mix over the driveway and brush in lightly (no effort needed).
Go have a brew for 10/15 minutes and then get your hosepipe and wash it off -- and 'hey presto' --your drive will be like new again.
On a big area like you have - do it in sections 'to suit'.

This is the best tip you will get . I have done it lots of times on driveways of properties I own .

ps - it also disinfects the areas you do .

pps-- Red Label Hypochlorite is best I find --but it's all a muchness really.

Good Grief! Is this pukka informative advice we're getting from PP? :eek:

Good Grief! Is this pukka informative advice we're getting from PP? :eek:

Was thinking the same myself!

I use Hypo on my drive way, much stronger than what the publc can get it for, I get it from work.

It is far better than jet washing. Mate of mine used some hydrochloric acid to clean some old garden furniture fittings, but then used hypo on top of that to clean the furniture itself.....not realising it creates chlorine gas :LOL:

But yeah, hypo is the way to go for patios.

Darn it. I wondered why it was looking new for the first year then after I jet washed it it only lasted about 6 months before looking grimey again. I just thought I'd got the cleaning bug and noticed that it needed a clean ealier than before.
I think I may have blasted off the pavings protective surface first time round. After all I jet blasted each and every brick clean. I'll deefo chek out this sodium hypochlorite stuff though I've two 5 litre bottles of Patio Magic which have been waiting to be used for several months to get through first. I don't know if it's in any way similar. Says it contains Benzalkonium Chloride and that there's no need to wash off so I may post back the results if anyone's interested.

Cheers for the replys btw.
And thanked PP

Darn it. I wondered why it was looking new for the first year then after I jet washed it it only lasted about 6 months before looking grimey again. I just thought I'd got the cleaning bug and noticed that it needed a clean ealier than before.
I think I may have blasted off the pavings protective surface first time round. After all I jet blasted each and every brick clean. I'll deefo chek out this sodium hypochlorite stuff though I've two 5 litre bottles of Patio Magic which have been waiting to be used for several months to get through first. I don't know if it's in any way similar. Says it contains Benzalkonium Chloride and that there's no need to wash off so I may post back the results if anyone's interested.

Cheers for the replys btw.
And thanked PP

http://www.gloves4less.co.uk/sodium...e-1887-p.asp?gclid=CMm93YqmgbcCFa7KtAodniEAyg

Anyone know of a good quality sealant (by their own experience)?
I've been reading a lot of convoluted stuff mainly from companies promoting their own products. Polyurethane based appears to be the way to go but just when i'd settled on this I found a review on amazon stating that one companies claim to be polyurethane based on Amazon but acrylic based on the company website?!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back