Ocean Alpha 240p combi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! Cold! Baby due yesterday, panicking about house not being warm!!
OK - problem is we turned the heating on the other day and it was working well, house was toasty warm, water was heating beautifully, then I decided stupidly to set the timer thingy and it hasn't worked properly since... Hot water still fires up as normal, but NO heat :(
My main question is SURELY it should work if I switch the tiny slide switch to ON all the time, however, not even this can persuade it to work...
Any clues as to what I may have done welcome, I'm freezing!!

Sponsored Links
Have checked both, but surely it should fire up if I put it to 'on all the time'? Shouldn't that override whatever mistakes I may have made setting the timer?

would have thought so, but it has to be something you have done since it workd before you touched it.

also room stat must be calling for heat otherwise boiler wont come on for heating as it thinks its warm enough

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back