odd colour schemes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I might want to paint my skirting in the kitchen a darkish brown colour ( matt )...
the wall will be pale yellow on top, sort of a toffee light brown on the bottom and then a sort of milk chocolate brown skirting..
the cabinets will be light oak and the floor is sort of a light salmon pinkish tile....

also thinking of a dado rail to split the top and bottom of the walls..

there are only 3 small walls that will have paint on them as the rest will have cabinets along them and a tile backsplash.. the top of the wall my the window ( above tile height ) will be painted the pale yellow colour..

I've got a scrap of card drying at the moment and will post a picture tomorrown when it's dry..

Sponsored Links
I think you should paint it 'puke' cuz that's what that colour scheme is making me want to do. :LOL:

Make sure you hang some woodchip paper on the wall to get the best effect from those colours ;)

Jason

Sponsored Links
Waiting for the picture. Are you sure you want a dado rail and 2 colours on the walls? In my experience there are always too many things in the kitchens, often in various colours (cabinets, appliances - big and small, other furniture, cutlery, towels, so the room usually looks busy.

took a picture, and after seeing it on the screen decided not to post it.. it doesn't do the colours justice.. and I realised that it would look different to everyone who looked at it depending on their screen settings..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back