Odd jobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a series of odd jobs which I need to carry out but which i've not been able to tackle myself. If I contact an 'odd job' engineer, about how much should I expect to have to pay for these things :

Door reversal. Fire door opens from right to left. Needs to open from right to left.

Wardrobe back comes out of slot. Wardrobe is large and the sides need to be pushed in order that the back properly goes into the groove and then glued or screwed in.

Gate scraping on the ground. Needs lifting and straightening. Basicalliy the gate once functioned correctly but I used plastic rawl plugs (doh) for bolting the gate post to the brick wall which supports it and now the plugs have slipped out of their holes the gate scrapes the floor as it shuts.

Curtain holder. Unable to screw this into the wall because wall 'seems' to be too hollow (?!?) for rawl plugs to support the weight of the metal curtain holder. Consequently the curtain holder sags.

The above are all bitty jobs that Someone in the trade could probably fix within a days work. I actually have the parts for each job (screws, bolts, corner brackets etc).

Any ideas on what region of monies this should cost please chime in and let me know. I'm in east London btw.

Sponsored Links
Yes I’m sure a tradesman will relish the prospect of using a customer’s crappy fixings he picked up in Homebase!

Sponsored Links
it depends on so much
local parking[ease and cost]
lower costs will tend to be lower skills and tools
the cheaper jobs will tend to be a man in a pub but at the danger there is no gtee off the work chance off your property finding a new home

the most expensive may be twice as quick so cheaper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back