Odd pumped shower problem.

Pictures attached. The one with the problem is the chrome wall mounted one. The inset Mira one works perfectly.

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

Sponsored Links
*Beep beep*

Do you mean that the hot and the cold are at different pressures?

That would (does) cause it.

I'll to double check to confirm that it is as I described it. However, whatever the setup is, one of the showers works perfectly well with it.

do you know if both/either is thermostatic?

Aqualisa do a cartridge than can compensate (to a limited extent) for pressure imbalances and fluctations, it replaces the more common thermostatic cartridge in their famous round-bodied mixers.

Your chrome mixer looks like it could be turned over fairly easily, it's possible the plug on the top could be swapped for the hose connector (this help it to drain after use)

do you know if both/either is thermostatic?

Aqualisa do a cartridge than can compensate (to a limited extent) for pressure imbalances and fluctations, it replaces the more common thermostatic cartridge in their famous round-bodied mixers.

Your chrome mixer looks like it could be turned over fairly easily, it's possible the plug on the top could be swapped for the hose connector (this help it to drain after use)

I'm not sure if either of them is thermostatic I'm afraid. Is there any easy way to tell? Do you think the chrome one is fitted upside down? That's the faulty one. I replaced an identical one and fitted it the same way.

Sponsored Links
Do you think the chrome one is fitted upside down? That's the faulty one. I replaced an identical one and fitted it the same way.

I don't know, but they are usually installed with the hose outlet at the bottom (but not if you have a rigid pipe riser)

that sort, with the exposed connections, is fairly easy to take off, so it might be worth a try. Worst case, no worse; best case, problem cured.

I don't know, but they are usually installed with the hose outlet at the bottom (but not if you have a rigid pipe riser)

that sort, with the exposed connections, is fairly easy to take off, so it might be worth a try. Worst case, no worse; best case, problem cured.
Yep, certainly worth a go. I'll report back once I've done it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back