Shower Pump - 8m distance from pump to shower head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a shower pump at the bottom of my airing cupboard which services a shower apprioximately 3.5m away. I estimate the length of pipe from the shower pump to the shower head is between 7-8 meters.

I'm having some difficulties with the temperature fluctuating and as I'm in a new (old) house I can't tell if it's the shower or shower pump causint the fluctuation.

I was wondering if the length of run from the shower pump to the shower is too long.

Thanks, Nick

Sponsored Links
The pump is in the right place & the length of pipe run to the shower head should not cause any problems at all but it depends on the pump you have. The most likely candidate is your shower mixer, assuming you have one; if so what type? Is it correctly connected? There are so many other factors involved, it’s impossible to advise without an awful lot more info. How old is the system? Did it ever work properly? pipe sizes? pipe runs? new/old pipe work? size/location of hw/cw storage tanks? what type hot water take off flange? pump type/size? static & pumped head?

Hi, I have a separate thread on the shower and nobody can help identify it. I wanted to be sure the distance from the pump to the shower head has no bearing before I replace the shower.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=258746

The pump I have is the Wickes Twin Impleller 1.5 bar.

The pump serves two showers (they are never on at the same time). The main bathroom, which is right next door to the airing cupboard has no issues whilst the en-suite, which is 8m away is the problem.

I guess it must definitely be the shower, so looks like I'll need to shell out the £500-£600 to replace it given it's got 200mm pipe centres

Thanks, Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back