Odd question: how to glue 2 plastic things together

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK... I have an odd question... that I'm sure someone here will be able to answer!

I have a camera, the door for the memory card has broken - there's about 25% of it left

The camera still works perfectly fine - but I have to hold the door in place with my finger
This is a pain!

The door still needs to be kept accebile and be opened to get the memory card out - so I can't just super glue it in place!

So... I hit on the idea of using a small piece of velcro that would sit over and keep it closed - with another piece at the other end for it to hook onto

But... how do I glue the velcro on? I need something that will allow the strap to me moved around a little - but still be strong enough to stay in place when pulled

See the image below for the actual item:

2ltjyn6.jpg

ANY help would be great!

Thanks

OM

Sponsored Links
Just my opinion but I don't think this exercise would be particularly successful long term, so why not try to find a new door for your camera?
If you can't find what you need on the web I'm sure the camera manufacturer would come up with something.
John :)

Just my opinion but I don't think this exercise would be particularly successful long term, so why not try to find a new door for your camera?
If you can't find what you need on the web I'm sure the camera manufacturer would come up with something.
John :)

john thanks for the reply
i can pickup one of these as a faulty unit on ebay
just looking at it: i'm not sure if the replacement would be straight forward
the working version of this particular model can reach £70 - £80 on ebay for some reason - i only bought it for just over £100
i love the camera and it's a lot better than others i've tried - so i'm a little desperate to keep on using it!

one possible solution i've thought if is to use duck tape - but again, i'm stuck with the problem of making one of the ends stick permanently!

thanks for the reply all the same

Sponsored Links
Tape it shut and use usb cable to access memory card?
yeah... i thought of that
not sure i want to do that though
using a memory card reader to take photos off is much more conveinient

If you try to fix it...then it will not remain for too long so its better not to try this.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back