Odd size shower tray? 740 x 740mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey All,

I'm looking at freshening up our en-suite. I believe it is the original shower (house is 25 yrs old). It is built into a recess so only has a shower door. However, when sizing up the shower tray, it appears that it is 740 x 740mm and the nearest I can find in all shops is 760mm. I understand a certain amount will be hidden by tiles but really can't see this adding up to an extra 20mm.

Does anyone know if this was a common size back in the early 90s? If so, what are my options now for buying a new tray?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You should find that a 760 door will adjust down to the size you need with the difference taken up in the movement within the profiles...

check the small print before you order though.

Oh sorry, it is actually a new tray I was after. I have edited my original post to make more sense!

20 mm for two layers of tiles and adhesive (one on each side of the revel) isn't out of the question

Sponsored Links
It will be a 760x760 tray with 10mm each side taken up with tiles/adhesive/plaster/plaster board. Good luck with taking the old tray out without damaging the tiles!

Ok, fingers crossed it is 760mm then! I'm not too worried about the tiles as I'm putting new ones on (and probably plasterboard).

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back