Odd Trap Size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a chrome trap from Screwfix a few yrs ago and have decided to utilise it on my new bathroom. However I can't seem to find a coupler to connect it as it is an awkward size.

It seems to be 31 mm diameter and I have tried 2 plumbers merchants with no joy! :(

Anybody got a clue?

Sponsored Links
No.

Plumbers merchants tried that and compresion fittings too. They gave up! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
the only other fitting i know of that is universal is a polypipe uwc 32 that fits solvent, pushfit metric and imperial.

http://www.polypipe.com/polypipe/controller?action=BP-Products&categoryID=298

in the book and when i spoke to them when about it before.
fits bs5254 bs5255 plastic and metric imperial copper

when i phoned them they said it will take pushfit and solvent pipe.
as i was doing the same idea needed a pushfit fitting to go on a chrome trap then to solvent but without using a large compression fitting.

ok-wink.gif

I am no plumber, but the compression fitting waste connectors have a sort of rubber washer inside that squashes down onto the pipe inside as tou tighten the nut. So unless the pipe is too big to go in, they will accomodate quite a wide variation in pipes.

btw I got one of those bottle traps for my mum, it gets blocked easily. I'd recomend an "S" shaped trap, not a bottle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back